Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Multigrain bread for breadmachine

Well, what do you know! I got myself a breadmachine at a good boxing week sale. And why on Earth, I wonder now, did I not do that sooner?! I have sooo much fun with it. But not only I. My whole family is excited about the ever changing stream of fresh breads. On the average we consume two breads in three days, and I very rarely make two of the same. I love "tweaking" the recipes. Here is the latest that the family requested to be repeated unchanged. I decided to immortalize it here for in case I still go too far astray in the future, and they want this one again.










Dump all these in the machine:
1 1/3 cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lecithin
2 tablespoons oil
2 cups unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup taff flour (or buckwheat)
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup soaked or slightly pre-cooked millet
2-3 tablespoons wheat germ
1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast

Bake it at Basic setting, with light or medium crust. When it beeps, you can add a handful of chopped (raw or toasted) nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, or a nice mix).

No comments: