Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Mixed veggie side dish

We had a lovely Canada Day BBQ in the backyard with marinated lamb chops and pork loin over charcoal. The problem was that, as it turned out, I did not buy enough vegetables to accompany the meats.  We had some potato salad, I made a bowl a fresh salad, but it did not seem enough.  We definitely needed more. In the fridge I found only two large zucchinis in the crisper.  Hmmm...



There was a one pound bag of peas-and-carrots in the freezer, I put them up to cook in lightly salted water.  Then I grated the two zucchinis, also about a pound, and sauteed them in a little butter.  When they were both done, I drained the peas-and-carrots, mixed them into the zucchini, and I folded a tablespoonful of Kraft Three Cheese Ranch salad dressing with a pich of dry dill weed into the mix.  To our surprise it turned out to be an instant success.  Wow!

No comments: